Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's in a Name??

I think I've made it clear that I love Pinterest.  I was even motivated to make a couple of Christmas presents this year from an idea I found on Pinterest.  I truly believe that the 3 families I gave these "homemade" gifts to, actually liked them.  :)

Here's a link to the site where I got the idea for my "name signs".  




On the website I referenced, the blogger mentioned using a 1 x 10 if you want to hang this on the wall.  I couldn't find such a thing.  I used 2 x 10s.  Although I haven't put ours up yet, my Dad put up the one I made for my brother and his family.  He just drilled completely through the boards with long screws, directly into studs.

The only trouble I ran into (and it was silly on my part because I should have seen this) was that I didn't crop and resize the photos I found on the Flickr site.  The first batch of photos I ordered where flops.  I quickly figured out my mistake and hit up Wal-Greens photo service again.

I really LOVE how this project turned out.  I can't wait to hang this above the pocket doors leading into our family room.  The only reason it's not already up is because I haven't made the time to repaint the kitchen yet.  Yep...another project!

I know this is a bathroom, but here's the color inspiration for my soon-to-be-redecorated kitchen...

And yes...this inspiration came
from Pinterest too!

4 comments:

  1. I am moving in to your house! Our walls are boring. Perhaps I need to copy you :) The name sign is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I have a sign in the kitchen that says "Joy" Would love one with our family name too.

    ReplyDelete