Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm dusting off this old blog

Pinterest has super-inspired me lately.  I mean really, really inspired me.  I have been trying out lots of new recipes.  I have been crafting...oh how I've missed crafting.  I've been decorating.  I decided to share some of my projects here on this poor little neglected blog that hasn't been touched in two years.

Between Lily's tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy in early December and her recovery and some remodeling of our second floor in late November, I never put up any Christmas decorations in 2011.  I was so tired from everything that was going on that it didn't bother me...in the least!!  However, now that Valentine's Day is drawing near, I've been inspired to put up a few decorations.

My first project was a very simple wreath, inspired by this blog.  I only had one deck of playing cards to use so I added some scrapbooking paper hearts too.  Oh...and I have a new-found love of burlap, so I included a burlap bow.






I purchased a few heart ornaments from Michael's and I snagged a few branches from a tree outside to create this Valentine's Day "tree".




I have a couple more Valentine's Day projects in the works.  Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Love your ideas. :) Both are so cute. I never seem to be able to log into private blogs, even after I have gotten an invite, so I haven't even tried with your other one. Sorry. But... keep posting here. :) I have done so much too, thanks to Pinterest ideas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably not going to post any/many pics of Lily on here. I don't want any other weirdos stopping by to steal them!!

      Delete
  2. Super cute!!
    And Cory we'll be needing pics of those crafts you've made as well :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! You are so creative and crafty.

    ReplyDelete