Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More of Lily's Room

Just a few more pictures of stuff I've done in Lily's room...


I made the wall hanging from a canvas I already had, an "L" that used to hang in Lily's nursery, some wrapping paper I bought at Michael's, and some leftover fabric I had from making some pillows for Lily's room.  The wicker chair...which I LOVE...was a consignment store find. (Incidentally...if my mom and I lived closer together, I would be dragging her all over the place to thrift stores and resale shops.  However...it's just not as fun by myself.).  And that storage bin...well, that was a fail on my part.  Don't get me wrong...I think it looks cute with Lily's toys in it.  Lily has one of those 3-shelf IKEA book shelves in her room.  The top shelf has board books on it which she is allowed to look at on her own since they are fairly indestructible.  The bottom two shelves have fabric bins in them.  I bought the bins at Target.  They are made for Target's shelving system and are a bit too small for the IKEA shelves.  So...when I redid Lily's room, the pink bins needed to go.  I stopped at IKEA on the way home from Lily's ENT appointment.  I bought white fabric bins...just a couple of bucks.  I decided that I wanted to stencil something on them to follow the theme of Lily's room.  Guess what...stenciling 4 sides takes a while.  When they were finally done, I brought them up to Lily's room.  I emptied the pink bins into them...and I TRIED to shove them in the shelving unit.  They were TOO BIG!!!  Hello!!!!  Shouldn't IKEA's bins fit in THEIR units????  So...I bought 2 black bins from Target to replace the pink ones (I might, at some point, stencil white on them.).  The white bins still are being put to good use!



OK...back to the wall hanging.  I had the canvas.  I don't remember what's on it, but there's something under there.  LOL!  I used a spray adhesive to glue the paper to the canvas.  I then "wrapped" the sides of the canvas similar to wrapping a gift.  I originally bought the L at Hobby Lobby.  I removed the paper that I had decorated it with and gave it a quick shot of black spray paint.  The flowers are super simple.  Here's a link for instructions if you are interested in making some.



Flower close-up


Grandma bought this awesome mirror for Lily's new room.  Just thought I would show it.  I couldn't find any reasonable priced switchplate/outlet covers for Lily's room.  So...I took the cheapy ones that were already in her room and decoupaged some of the leftover fabric from the pillows and cushions I made.  I think they turned out cute.


 I wish the switches were white instead of beige*ish*.  They aren't...so I deal.

So ends our tour of Lily's recently redecorated room.  I'm guessing this is the last time I'll get to do what I want.  I'm sure the next time we redecorate, Little Miss Independent will have some opinions.  As long as it isn't Justin Beiber...

1 comment:

  1. Your wall hanging looks great! I also like the light switch plate. I am with you---most of our switches are beige too. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete