Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Gallery Wall

I recently repainted our foyer and decided that the wall by the stairs going up to the second floor would be a great place for a gallery wall.  Once again...Pinterest inspired.

I'm an eye-baller.  Some of the pins on Pinterest showed putting brown paper frame templates to tape up first to lay out the wall.  Ya...I'm not one of those kind of people.

Despite the fact that I found this to be VERY difficult to photograph, here's my wall:



Ugh!!!  Please ignore that spot on the ceiling where I knocked off a hunk of drywall with the ladder while painting.  Note to self...dig out patching plaster while Lily sleeps.

I chose to use all black frames.  I purchased some of them, but most were frames I already had.  If they weren't already black, they were after I got a hold of a can of spray paint!  I also chose to use all black and white photos.  I love the effect.  If the photo I wanted to use was in color, I just copied it on my printer in black and white.

I'll share some of the items (up close and personal) over the next couple of days.

Thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! You are inspiring me to do something on my wall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! It was a lot of fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gallery wall...at our house it's called "The Wall of Shame!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I did a photo wall last fall in the living room. I STILL don't have pictures in them though. Right now they just have the people that come in the frames. My mom looked at them and thought "did they take the kids on a ski trip that we didn't know about?!?!" I'm trying to decide on b/w or doing color. After seeing yours I'm thinking that b/w might be the way to go. Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the classic look of the b/w. I sort of feel like it looks less cluttered because there's already a heck of a lot going on.

      Delete