Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Inexpensive Bedside Tables

We recently had the flooring redone on our second floor.  We LOVE how it turned out.  We had horrible forest green carpet (except for a couple of rooms) throughout the house when we bought it.  We removed it from the first floor almost right away, but the second floor just wasn't in the financial cards.  There aren't a lot of colors to use to decorate when you have dark green floors.  Our master bedroom had been decorated with a maroonish-red since we bought the house in '04.  Now if you know me, you also know that I like CHANGE!  I was SO excited to change the color in our room.  I asked my mom if she and dad would get us new bedding for Christmas...they got us an area rug too.

I wanted knew bedside tables, but didn't really want to spend too much money.  One day while visiting my parents last fall, mom and I hit a resale shop.  I found a cute little solid oak drop-leaf end table for $22.  It's nice and heavy.  We bought it and took it home to Dad.  Now if you know my Dad, he is a traditionalist when it comes to furniture.  The thought of painting what he considers to be a nice piece of furniture might just put him over the edge...lol.  Did I mention that my Dad refinished furniture???  He even taught himself to hand cane chairs. 

I wasn't quite to sure what my Dad would say when I asked him to saw a perfectly good table in half.  LOL!  He just looked and me and said...OK.  He did a beautiful job!!!  He even commented that if I ever wanted it put back together again it wouldn't be too hard because it was such a clean cut.

So...here are our matching bedside tables...


I bought a couple of L-brackets to mount the now two-legged
tables to the wall.  Yes, I am lying on the floor to get
this photo.  LOL

And just because I think it's TOTALLY AWESOME...
our new ceiling fan.  We got it at Lowes.

2 comments: